امروز ۲۷ مرداد اولین جلسه زبان انگلیسی سطح متوسط خواندن واژگان با استاد رضایی بود. از آنجا که فقط سه نفر بودیم استاد درس ندادند. اما به نکاتی اشاره کردند که لازم است برای آگاهی شما دوستان در اینجا بیاورم. اول اینکه ساعت کلاس از ساعت ۶ به ۵ تا 7 بعد از ظهر تغییر یافت. و دو کتاب معرفی کردند که باید حتما خریداری شود.
۱- کتاب English vocabulary in use که باید مقدماتی Elementary ویراستار دوم seconde edition باشد.
|2- کتاب گرامر Grammar in use- Intermediate ویراستار 3 Third Edition دقت کنید کتابی که رنگ آن بنفش است را بگیرید. این کتاب با رنگ آبی هم هست که استاد تاکید کردند رنگ کتاب بنفش باشد. البته کتاب اولی هم قرمز دارد و هم بنفش که هر دو آن یکی است جلد بنفش آن چاپ جدید است. لطفا کتابها را تهیه کنید چون استاد رضایی گفتند که درس هشتم کتاب vocabulary را خوانده و آمادگی داشته باشید. و درس دوم صفحه 4کتاب گرامر را بخوانید و آماده باشید.
برای تحقیق گفتند هیچ اجباری نیست اما کسانی که فکر می کنند ممکن است نمره امتحانی کم بگیرند، می توانند یک مقاله روابط عمومی دو صفحه ای را خودشان ترجمه کنند و بیاورند.
حضور در کلاس خیلی مهم است حتی اگر با تاخیر باشد و بیش از دو جلسه غیبت باید با آموزش صحبت کنند.
در مورد نوع سوال های امتحانی گفتند که تنها از درس و تمرین هایی که خودشان دادند بدون کوچکترین تغییری سوال می دهند. موفق باشيد دوستان خوبم.
درس 8 vocabulary که راجع به Greetings and wishes احوالپرسی و آمال و آرزوها از آنجا که همه ما موظف هستیم کتاب را بخریم آوردن آنها در اینجا لازم نیست.
گرامر هم درس دوم صفحه 4کتاب را کارکردند.
برای جلسه بعد درس نهم vocabulary و درس اول گرامر را باید آماده کنیم.
ضمن اینکه درس های آینده را اعلام کردند. کتاب vocabulary درس های 8،9،10،14،15،19،23، درس های گرامر2،1،3،5،6،7،14
با انجام دادن تمرینان قبل که زمان حال ساده بود و درس و تمرینان جدید که زمان حال استمراری بود، شروع و تمام شد. نکته خاصی نبود که لازم باشه به آن در اینجا اشاره کنم. خوب بخونید تا خوب نمره بگیرید.
1.1 Complete the sentences with the following verbs in the correct form:
Get Happen Look Lose Make Start Stay try work
1. You’re working hard today. Yes, I have a lot to do.
2. I’m looking for Christine. Do you know where she is?
3. It is getting dark. Should I turn on the light?
4. They don’t have anywhere to live at the moment. They’re staying with friends until they find a place.
5. Things are not so good at work. The company is losing money.
6. Do you have an umbrella? It is starting to rain.
7. You’re making a lot of noise. Can you be quieter? I’m trying to concentrate.
8. Why are all these
people here? What‘s happening?
1.2 Put the verb into the correct form. Sometimes you need the negative (I’m not doing, ets.)
1. Please don’t make so much noise. I’m trying (Try) to work.
2. Let’s go out now it isn’t raining (Rain) any more.
3. You can turn off the radio. I’m not listening (Listen) to it.
4. Kate called me last night. She’s on vacation in Quebec. She is having (have) a great time and doesn’t want to come home.
5. I want to lose weight, so this week I‘m not eating (Eat) lunch.
6. Andrew has just started evening classes. He is studying (Study) German.
7. Paul and Sally had an argument. They‘re not speaking (Speak) to each other.
8. I‘m getting (get) tried. I need a break.
9. Tim isn’t working (work) this week. He has a week off.
1.4 Complete the sentences using the following verbs:
Begin change get increase rise
1. The population of the world is increasing very fast.
2. The world is changing Things never stay the same
3. The situation is already bad and is getting worse.
4. The cost of living is rising every year things are more expensive.
5. The weather is beginning to improve. The rain has stopped, and the wind isn’t as strong.
2.1 complete the sentences using the following verbs: P.5
Cause (s) connect (s) drink(s) live (s) open(s) speak(s) take(s)
1. Tanya speaks German very well.
2. I don’t drink much coffee.
3. The swimming pool opens at 7:30 every morning.
4. Bad driving causes many accidents.
5. My parents live in a very small apartment.
6. The Olympic Games take place every four years.
7. The Panama Canal connects the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
2.2 put the verb into the correct form.
1. Julie doesn’t drink (not /drink) tea very often.
2. What time do the banks close (the bank / close) here?
3. I have a TV, but I don’ watch (not / watch) it much.
4. Where does Ricardo come (Ricardo /come) from? He’s Cuban.
5. What do you do? (You /do)? I’m an electrician.
6. It takes (take) me an hour to get to work. How long does it take (it /take) you?
7. Look at this sentence. What does this word mean (this word /mean)?
8. David isn’t in very good shape. He doesn’t exercise (Not /exercise)
2.3 use the following verb to complete the sentences. Sometimes you need the negative:
Believe eat flow go grow make rise tell translate
1. The earth goes around the sun.
2. Rice doesn’t grow in Canada.
3. The sun rises in the east.
4. Bees make honey.
5. Vegetarians don’t eat meat.
6. An atheist doesn’t believe in God.
7. An interpreter translates from one language into another.
8. Liars are people who don’t tell the truth.
9. The Amazon River flows into the Atlantic Ocean.
2.5 Complete using the following:
I apologize I insist I promise I recommend I Suggest
1. It’s a nice day. I Suggest we go for a walk.
2. I won’t tell anybody what you said. I promise
3. I won’t let you pay for the meal. I insist that you let me pay.
4. I apologize for what I did. It won’t happen again.
5. The new restaurant downtown is very good. I recommend it highly.
5.2 p.11 complete the sentences using the following verbs in the correct form: مهم
Buy catch cost fall hurt sell spend teach throw write
1. Mozart wrote more than 600 pieces of music.
2. How did you learn to drive? My father taught me.
3. We couldn’t afford to keep our car, so we sold it.
4. Dave fell down the stairs this morning and hurt his leg.
5. Jim threw the ball to Sue, who caught it.
a lot of money yesterday. She bought a dress
that cost $200.
5.3 Complete the sentences. Put the verb into the correct form, positive or negative.
1. It was warm, so I took off my coat. (take)
2. The movie wasn’t very good. I didn’t enjoy it very much. (enjoy)
3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I didn’t disturb her. (disturb)
4. I was very tired, so I left the party early. (leave)
5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I didn’t sleep very well. (sleep)
6. The window was open and a bird flew into the room. (fly)
7. The hotel wasn’t very expensive. It didn’t cost very much. (cost)
8. I was in a hurry, so I didn’t have time to call you. (have)
9. It was hard carrying the bags. They were very heavy. (be)
7.2 Complete B’s answers. Some sentences are positive and some negative. Use the following verbs:
Be be eat happen have meet play read see see try
1. What’s Mark’s sister like? I have no idea. I have never met her.
2. How is Diane these days? I don’t know. I haven’t seen her recently
3. Are you hungry? Yes. I haven’t eaten much today.
4. Can you play chess? Yes, but I haven’t played in ages.
5. Are you enjoying your vacation? Yes, it’s the best vacation I have had for a long time.
6. What’s that book like? I don’t know. I have never read it.
7. Is Sydney an interesting place? I have no idea. I have never been there.
8. Mike was late for work again today. Again? He has been late every day this week.
9. Do you like caviar? I don’t know. I have never tried it.
10. I hear your car broke down again yesterday. Yes, it’s second time it has happened this week.
11. Who’s that woman by the door? I don’t know. I have never seen her before.
7.3 Complete the sentences using today /this year / this semester, etc.
1. I saw tom yesterday, but I haven’t seen him today.
2. I read newspaper yesterday, but I haven’t read one today.
3. Last year the company made a profit, but this year it hasn’t made profit.
4. They worked hard at school last semester, but she hasn’t worked hard this semester.
5. It snowed a lot last winter, but it hasn’t snowed a lot this winter.
6. Our football team won a lot of games last season, but we haven’t won many games this season.
8.3 p. 23 Vocabularies
What do you say? Choose a phrase from the opposite page.
1. You want to go through a door way. There are some people blocking it. Excuse me!
2. A friend buys you a drink. Thank you! Cheers!
3. A child says Goodnight to you. Sleep well!
4. You answer the phone at work. It is 10.30 am. Good morning!
5. You answer the phone at work. It is 3pm. Good afternoon!
6. You are on a very crowded bus and you stand on someone’s foot. Sorry!
7. It is 24th
December. You meet a friend on the bus. Merry Christmas! Happy Christmas!
7.4 P. 23
1. You meet Ann, an English friend. Reply to her.
ANN: Good evening.
ANN: How are you?
You: I’m fine thanks
ANN: it’s my birthday today.
You: happy birthday!
ANN: would you like a drink?
You: yes please!
ANN: Here you are. Cheers!
9.2 Choose the correct answer.
1. I don’t like skiing and about / anyway / else I’m not free that weekend.
2. I don’t mind /matter / agree what we do. It’s all the same to me.
3. It’s up to you / let’s / I agree invite Rachel to dinner tonight.
4. be careful / what a pity / Oh dear in London. There’s lots of traffic there.
5. I don’t have time to go to the cinema and really /absolutely / anyway I’ve seen that film already.
9.4 correct the eight mistakes in the dialogue
VERA: We need to
celebrate. I got a new job!
LUKE: Well Done!
How about going out for meal this evening?
VERA: Great! Let’s go to that
Italian restaurant. Or do you prefer the Chinese one?
LUKE: I don’t mind. I like the Italian one but it’s very expensive.
VERA: Oh, it doesn’t matter.
LUKE: Ok. Why don’t we go to the Italian restaurant and then we could go to the cinema afterwards? Your new job needs a special celebration.
VERA: I agree. And I’d love to see that film with George Clooney. Would you?
10.1 Complete the sentences. Use words from the opposite page.
1. rice is popular in Japan.
2. Pasta and pizzas are very popular in Italy.
3. Chips are made from potatoes
4. Many British people eat fish and chips.
5. Hamburgers are made from meat.
6. A hotdog is a sausage inside piece of bread.
10.4 Here are the names of some drinks with the letters mixed up. What are they?
1. eta ……… 2. Rebe ……. 3.klim ………… 4. Fecofe ……….
5. Rituf eciju ……………….. 6. Nilemar retaw ………………………………
14.1 P35 Where do they work?
1. A teacher …………………………..
2. A doctor …………………………………..
3. A Waiter ……………………………………...
4. A secretary ……………………………………...
5. A shop assistant ………………………………...
6. A hairdresser ………………………………………….
14.4 Complete the sentences.
1. He works in a …………… which makes electrical goods.
2. She’s an …………….. She builds roads and bridges.
3. The traffic …………. is checking all the parked cars.
4. The …………… told me to return the book at the end of the month.
5. The bank …………. changed some money for me.
6. A police ……………. told me the way to the station. 15.1 P37
15.1 Match the subject on the left with what you study on the right.
1. Match a. animals and plants
2. Physics b. sport
3. History c. 25y + 32x =
4. Geography d. e = mc2
5. PE e. H2O
6. English f. the countries of the world
7. Chemistry g. the 15th century
8. Biology h. computers 9. ICT i. spelling
15.4 Choose a verb from C opposite to fill the gaps below. Put the verb in the correct form.
John does well at school. He finds it easy to ………… and he always ………….. his homework. He usually…………….. all his exams. He will ……………. his final school exams soon. If he …………, he will ………… to university next year. If he ………………, he will be very sad. John really wants to ………………… geography at university. He would also like to ……….. a special geology course. His sister is already at university. Next year she will ………… her degree and then she will try to find a job.
.: Weblog Themes By Pichak :.